The current legislation for Data Protection in Ireland is the Data Protection Acts 1988 - 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU 2016/679).
Personal data processed by the Valahia Distribution will only be used for the specific purpose(s) as outlined when the data is collected, or in later communications, and will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection legislation in force.
We take your privacy seriously. As such all personal information collected via Valahia Distribution will be used only in accordance with the Privacy Statement or as otherwise agreed with you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You may give us Your Information by filling in forms in connection with the Sites or using the Services or by corresponding with us (for example, by email). This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you download or register for the Sites or the Services, subscribe to any of our Services, search for any our apps, Sites or Services as well as sharing data via the Services’ social media functions, entering a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Services or Sites.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include but is not limited to:
- Your name, age and address;
- Email address and phone number;
- Device’s phone number, username, password;
- Other registration information;
- Financial and credit card information; and
- Location information.
Where you request goods or services from us, we will collect your personal information in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase. The type of information we may collect from you may include contact details (including name, address, email address, mobile/cell and telephone number) and employment details (including job title).
We may gather information provided by you in one or more other features of the Sites.
We may from time to time offer interactive or social aspects on the Sites. For example, if you choose to express an opinion in an online forum, respond to user polls, or enter any contests, we may ask you for Personal Information.
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at via the,,Contact” section on our Site.
We have set out below a description of the ways we plan to use your personal information:
• to register as a new customer;
• to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to process and deliver your order, including (a) manage payments, fees and charges; and (b) collect and recover money owed to us;
• to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Site, including for customer services support;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required;
• to better understand how you interact with our Site, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below;
• to enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey;
• to deliver relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
• to use data analytics to improve our Sites, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
Personal Information is used to complete and support your use of the Sites and the services provided thereon and to comply with any requirements of law.
We may contact you to provide you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, or by one of our selected partners, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please, however, note that the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet and any transmission is at your own risk.
Your Personal Information collected via our Site will be stored on servers located in an EU member state. It may also be processed by our staff or by one of our service providers operating in an EU member state. In some circumstances, your personal information may be transferred to the United States. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, and administration of an enquiry or request you make via our Site or the provision of support services.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal information when it is transferred, including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information.
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Information, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your Personal Information accordingly.
Residents of the EEA: You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal information we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal information we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
If you have any questions about the processing of personal information via this Site, please contact us by email at email@example.com. If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your Personal Information.